With it being overcast and grey and threatening to rain yet again today, I’m reminding myself of the things I like about Seattle. The weather is not one of them. In no particular order, here are my top 5:
1. The Restaurants: Palace Kitchen, Steelhead Diner, Bastille, Zoe, Matt’s in the Market, Eva, the list of small, innovative, and consistently just downright good restaurants makes Seattle a mecca for anyone who loves food. If you like sustainable, local food, we have many restaurants that cater to that too. Vegan? Yep. We even have our own vegan Donut shop (Mighty O).
2. Pike Place Market: Fresh from the farm or the sea 7 days a week? That’s what I call a farmers’ market.
3. The Space Needle: Touristy, obvious, I know, but I have an attraction to large buildings designed for World’s Fairs. And really, is there anyone who doesn’t secretly love a restaurant that spins?
4. The water. Looking out at the ferries on the Puget Sound, boating in the summer (when we can find a friend to take us out), having a glass of wine on a deck overlooking the water – beautiful, peaceful, so relaxing – especially with the wine 😉
5. The Cultural Scene: Theater, Opera, Ballet, Symphony, Film Festivals, Architectural Tours, Museums: Seattle has them all, giving you a lot options beyond dinner and a movie.
Filed under: So. Cal transplant adjusting to life in the Emerald City. | Tagged: Pike Place Market, Restaurants, Seattle |